My family becomes obsessed every time I make any type of quick bread in my house. This pumpkin bread is no exception. It was gone so quickly after I made it that my dad didn’t even get a chance to have a piece. Since this recipe makes two loaves, I took one to my friend’s house as a gift to his family and they were so excited when I gave it to them.
- 3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 15-ounce can Pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease two loaf pans and set aside
- In a mixer, beat sugar and oil on medium
- Add eggs and beat well; set aside
- In a separate, large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture and water to sugar mixture until everything is combined.
- Beat in pumpkin on medium.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
Recipe by Bekki at Chasing Supermom