Every kid loves rice krispie treats. Besides chocolate chip cookies, I think these yummy snacks are a recipe most kids make with their parents.
I can remember making these treats with my mom and my little brother when I was younger. My mom always did all the work of course. If you’ve ever made these marshmallow goodies before, you know how tough it can be to stir everything together. No little kid is strong enough for that.
This weekend is my boyfriend and his youngest sister’s birthdays. He is turning 23 and she’s turning 15. They both requested that I make something for them and when I suggested homemade rice krispie treats they about lost their minds.
I added something extra to them by dipping them in semi-sweet chocolate and swirling some extra on top.
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Krispie Cereal
- ½ tsp salt
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large post over low heat melt butter. Once butter in melted add in 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Best if served same day.
Recipe by Shelly at Cookies & Cups