Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic household recipe. There are many variations of these cookies that exist in the world. They are all baked with love and filled with smiles.
As children, my brother and I always loved to help my mom make these cookies and we often got into fights over who was going to lick the spoon. Now that I’m grow I love to bake a batch of these delicious cookies all the time. I usually put my own spin on them by adding pecans or walnuts.
The family recipe that I thought we had is actually just the Nestlé Toll House Cookie Recipe that can be found on the back of a bag of semi sweet Nestlé Toll House chocolate chips or online at their website. Despite the secret being out, they are still just as good as when I was a kid.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 9 minutes | Skill Level: easy | Makes: 5 dozen cookies
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. starting at a low speed and slowly increasing until ingredients are whipped together
- Add in both eggs and beat them into the sugar/egg mixture
- Add in the vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
- slowly add half the flour mixture into the bowl, turn mixer on low. Once it has mixed in well add the other half of the flour mixture.
- Once everything is completely mixed, turn off the mixture and detach the whisk. Fold in the entire package of chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough using a rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
Recipe by Nestlé Toll House